Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Welcome to Haiti Day 1-2

Praise God! All 16 team members made it here safely! We arrived at Healing Haiti and jumped right into dinner and preparing the care packages for General Hospital, our team worked together and instantly started forming a tight bond! We went to bed very early after a long day of traveling. I got to wake up to the most beautiful Haitian sunrise. In that moment, at 5:30am, I really started to see first hand the power of the Holy Spirit in Haiti which I have heard so much about from seasoned goers. That feeling was amplified all day long as I experienced my first water truck excursion. You really cannot prepare for what you see and feel as you drive up to the first stop....there are precious children flooding the streets to greet us! Immediately after stepping off of the Tap Tap all I could see were hands reaching up from every angle wanting to be held. The strong embrace of these children is indescribable, the love that seeps out of their hearts was breath taking. All 3 stops that we made today we just as powerful as the first and I am sure I speak for the whole team in saying that we will never forget those eyes, hands, feet, smiles and hearts that we experienced today. One of the most moving moments for me was at our first stop, after we had emptied the water truck we walked with all of the children into a large fenced plot of land which will soon be the brand new church in Cite Soleil !! We gathered and said a prayer over the land, the future church and all of the beautiful people that will fill it each day. To top it off we sang Bless The Lord Oh My Soul to the kids and then they sang us a Haitian song!! The whole day was beyond powerful, the presence of The Lord was incredible and I cannot wait to see what else He has in store.

Tonight we ended our evening with an authentic Haitian dinner followed by a night of team bonding. We spent time working through our travel journals and just opening up, crying, laughing.....laughing some more and sharing our lives with one another. I feel so blessed to have been chosen to come on this trip with this team. Its truly amazing how God worked to hand pick every person here as He already knew each of our hearts and has a plan for all of us in this journey together!

Prayers for a day full of blessings tomorrow!
With Love, Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment